If you have read the article on the best fitness trackers for elderly, that’s quite a head start in the fitness camp insights. To beef up on that, we’ll delve on the best Fitbit for elderly people to give you and in-depth information on the decision you’re about to make.
However, there are thousands of people who are diehard fans of the Fitbit brand and they can’t use any other fitness trackers so this article is tailor made for them.
The importance of staying fit and healthy as you age cannot be emphasized enough because it’s one of the best ways to keep diseases and old age at bay.
The best Fitbit for elderly people can help you keep track of your activity levels and ensure you remain fit and healthy.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is A Fitbit?
- 2 Why a Senior Citizen Should Have a Fitness Tracker For Seniors.
- 3 What To Look Out For When Buying The Best Fitbit For Elderly.
- 3.1 Best Fitbit for Senior Citizens.
- 3.2 1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate & Fitness Wristband For Seniors.
- 3.3 2. Fitbit Alta HR, Black, Easy To Use Fitness Tracker For Seniors Large.
- 3.4 3. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch For Seniors.
- 3.5 4. Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch for Senior Citizens.
- 3.6 5. Fitbit One Wireless Activity plus Sleep Tracker for the Elderly.
My Top 5 Recommended Best Fitbit For Senior Citizens.
- Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband.
- Fitbit Alta HR Fitness Tracker.
- Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch.
- Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch.
- Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker.
What Is A Fitbit?
A Fitbit for elderly is a fitness tracker you can use to monitor your fitness information such as calories, number of steps you have taken, and heart rate and so on.
You can wear the Fitbit tracker on your wrist like a watch, leg or clip it on your belt when you are going to do some activity or throughout the day.
Though most people think that fitness trackers are called Fitbits, it’s important to know that Fitbit is a brand and there are many other companies that deal with easy fitness trackers for seniors just like Fitbit.
Why a Senior Citizen Should Have a Fitness Tracker For Seniors.
The best Fitbit for seniors can help you to see your progress every day and track your activities.
Seeing how much you have improved from day to day is a great motivator to keep you active and healthy.
Most people remember to do everything else in life except exercise especially when the body feels tired and rigid.
Having a good simple Fitbit tracker with you that can remind you when you have been sedentary for too long is great even if you may not obey it all the time.
- Enhance Health.
The best fitbit for seniors monitors all the fitness information in your body including heart rate and calories.
If your heartbeat and calories are way on the higher side, the tracker can alert you so you get checked and change something about your lifestyle.
Every once in a while especially in elderly people, heart rate and blood pressure can go over the roof when they are working out.
A monitor will alert you when this happens so you can stop and take it slow before something bad happens.
What To Look Out For When Buying The Best Fitbit For Elderly.
Fitbit trackers range from basic to sophisticated depending on the price tag and of course your needs.
In order to buy the best Fitbit for elderly people, let’s look at the main features you want in your tracker regardless of budget or style;
Most Fitbits display your fitness information in numbers or words on a watch face display like a watch.
The best Fitbit for men should have a wide easy to read screen with the information written in large bold numbers so they won’t struggle to read it.
However, if you have linked your Fitbit to your smartphone or laptop via a companion app, you can read that information on a larger screen and enjoy other benefits like storage and interpretation.
Keeping in mind that nothing is 100% accurate, you should choose a function specific device that is able to sensor every activity and keep accurate records.
For example, a wrist fitness tracker for elderly that is supposed to monitor your heart rate, blood pressure, steps taken, hours slept and all those things will give you less accurate data than one that is strapped to your chest to monitor the heartbeat alone.
- Water Resistant
While the tracker may not necessarily handle a lot of water, it should at least be resistant to sweat and showering.
The best waterproof fitness tracker does not get damaged at the slightest contact with liquids.
- Battery Life
How long does the Fitbit stay on before it needs to be recharged?
The best Fitbit for running should last between 3 days to a month with the worst one lasting for a full day.
Make sure your Fitbit will be able to track all your activities the whole day without running out of battery.
Best Fitbit for Senior Citizens.
1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate & Fitness Wristband For Seniors.
If you want to live an exceptionally active lifestyle, Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Tracker (Get it On Amazon.com) is the best fitbit for the money because it is a combination of Charge HR and the former Charge meaning it is fully packed with amazing features.
The easy to use fitness tracker for seniors is compatible with all Android and Windows devices and it has a much larger screen than most trackers.
- Purepulse heart rate monitor
- Sleep tracking
- Multi-sport tracking
- Cardio fitness level function
- Guide breathing sessions
- Charge 2 is the best tracker because it’s able to monitor various activities at once
- It allows you to view calls, texts and reminders from your phone
- It connects to GPS on your phone to track your run
- It has a long battery life of 4 days
- This Fitbit is not waterproof so you can’t swim or bath with it.
2. Fitbit Alta HR, Black, Easy To Use Fitness Tracker For Seniors Large.
This Alta HR Fitness Tracker (Get it On Amazon.com) is the slimmest Fitbit available but it comes packed with amazing features and continuous heart rate monitoring.
You can measure how many calories you burn per day using the heart rate and identify the perfect workout intensity for you.
- Purepulse Heartrate Mnitor
- Slimmest Design Ever
- Auto Sleep Tracking
- Interchangeable Bands
- Tap Display And Clock
- The battery lasts up to 7 days
- It allows you to see calls, texts and reminders from your smartphone
- It monitors everything from calories, steps, distance to hear rate
- It syncs wirelessly to more than 200 iphone, android and windows devices
- This fitness tracker for seniors is not waterproof.
3. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch For Seniors.
Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness (Get it On Amazon.com) Watch is among the easiest fitbit for seniors and it’s designed to improve your workout experience.
The tracker uses PurePulse Heart rate sensor to give you a continuous monitoring without strapping it in your heart.
- Large screen display
- Purpulse heartrate
- Multisport mode
- On-screen workouts with fitstar
- Interchangeable band and frame
- The health tracker for seniors alerts you of any calls, messages and reminders if your phone is near
- It tracks all day activities and also your sleep
- Multi-faceted clock faces and you can customize the clock face to look the way you want
- Battery lasts up to 5 days
- It syncs wirelessly to over 200 smartphones and devices
- You can connect it to gps on your phone to see stats like your pace, route and duration of the run
- This tracker relies a lot on the app and it doesn’t work accurately on its own.
4. Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch for Senior Citizens.
Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch (Get it On Amazon.com) is an exercise-savvy fitness tracker suitable for grandma and grandpa with GPS connectivity to enable you to review your running routes and keep track of the distance and the pace you are going.
It is among the best fitness tracker with heart rate monitor that gives you continuous heart rate and simplified heart zones to improve your cardio endurance without something strapped on your chest.
- Smarttrack and Multi-Sport modes
- Large black display screen
- PurePulse Heart rate
- GPS tracking
- Sleep monitor and silent alarm
- You can see your calls, messages and notifications if your phone is near
- You can control songs from your playlist when working out
- It has a long battery life of up to 7 days
- It syncs wireless to your computer or smartphone
- The display is large enough, well-lit and multi-faceted
- The heart rate and steps readings can sometimes be inaccurate.
5. Fitbit One Wireless Activity plus Sleep Tracker for the Elderly.
The most amazing thing about this Fitbit One Wireless Activity plus Sleep Tracker (Get it On Amazon.com) is that you have a wide array of choices of where you can wear it from pocket, waist, bra and even chest pocket.
The tracker has a silicone case with a clip you use to strap on you and you can wear it for 24 hours.
- Include wrist band with holes to keep your hand cool
- Silent alarm function
- Multi-faceted screen display with clock and timer
- Tracks all day activities
- It’s a very accurate step counter and gives accurate data on calories burned an distance walked
- It tracks your sleep
- Long battery life
- The tracker syncs wirelessly to smartphones and laptops
- It’s smaller and lighter than most fitbit trackers
- Fitbit One is very step-oriented and only recognizes activities that involve you walking or taking actual steps.
Before you buy the best Fitbit for elderly, think about your goals or what you want out of the fitness tracker.
People who just want to start getting active by walking a few miles a day will benefit from a simple activity tracker but if you want to train for a marathon, lose a certain number of pounds per day or something specific like that, you might need to look at a more advanced tracker like the Charge 2.
- Best Fitness Tracker For Elderly
- Best Chair Based Exercises For The Elderly
- Best Easiest Smartphone For Seniors
- Best Easy To Read Watch for Seniors
- Best Inexpensive Gifts For Senior Citizens
- Best Automatic Pill Dispenser For Seniors