These beds are specifically built to offer more relief and help seniors enjoy quality sleep in addition to reducing aches and pains from age related ailments such as Edema and Arthritis.
Caregivers recommend adjustable beds for elderly people because they help seniors with mobility problems to enjoy a better life and independence.
Table of Contents
- 1 So, What Is An Adjustable Bed?
- 2 Benefits Of Adjustable Beds To Elderly People
- 3 Types Of Adjustable Beds
- 4 What To Look For When Buying The Best Adjustable Beds For Seniors.
- 5 Best Adjustable Beds For Seniors: My Recommendations
- 5.1 1. Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base
- 5.2 2. DynastyMattress S-Cape 2.0 Adjustable Beds Set Sleep With Luxury 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
- 5.3 3. reverie 8Q Adjustable Power Foundation Queen
- 5.4 4. LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base
- 5.5 5. HOFISH One-Step Assembly Customizable Positions Queen Solid Wood Slat Adjustable Bed Base
- 5.6 6. Pragma Bed Pragmatic Adjustable Bed Frame Queen.
- 6 What Is The Best Adjustable Bed Mattress To Use?
- 7 Best Type of Mattress for Adjustable Beds
- 8 Which Adjustable Bed Frame Is Right For You?
- 9 What Is An Adjustable Bed Frame?
- 10 Adjustable Beds Prices
So, What Is An Adjustable Bed?
Adjustable beds for the elderly are specially constructed and highly flexible beds.
You can elevate or lower the side rails, the feet, the head, or even the whole bed to match your needs.
You customize your relaxing/sleeping position using the installed electronic controls.
The best adjustable beds also have wheels so you can easily wheel the occupant around.
Benefits Of Adjustable Beds To Elderly People
Adjustable beds for elderly people are packed full of benefits;
- Overcome Insomnia
If sleep is playing hide and seek with you, these highly comfortable beds will help soothe you to sleep.
- More Mobility
As I had mentioned, most of these special beds for elderly have wheels and so help elders with limited mobility to realize a better life by easing movement.
You can incline your head in a more upright position to relieve congestion simplifying your breathing.
This makes the reclining beds for elderly fantastic for seniors suffering from asthma or related breathing difficulties.
- Relieves Swelling and enhances Circulation
Sleeping in a flatbed or sleeping on your side can restrict circulation because of an improper posture.
This can also magnify swellings.
On the contrary, adjustable beds for seniors gives you the freedom to set it to your most comfortable posture improving circulation which may result into reduced swelling.
- Pain relief
Comfort and proper posture from the best adjustable beds for seniors helps to reduce suffering from pains caused by problems such as back problems, leg swelling, muscle injuries and strains etc.
- Reduced Snoring
Some adjustable beds have an anti-snoring position.
When they start snoring, use the remote control to raise your bed mate’s head position. This helps arrest snoring.
Types Of Adjustable Beds
There are a number of options when we come to the best adjustable beds for seniors….
- Single Adjustable
These beds for seniors adjust as the whole unit. So the entire bed adjusts when any component is adjusted.
They work well for singles or couples who find comfort at similar sleeping position and inclination.
- Dual Adjustable
These lift beds for elderly are like two beds in one so each partner can customize the settings for his/her bed separately.
Each part, therefore, elevates/lowers independently.
They are recommended for couples with differing sleeping positions or bed times.
What To Look For When Buying The Best Adjustable Beds For Seniors.
- AC vs DC Motors
The best adjustable beds for seniors run on either the mains electricity (AC motors) or batteries (DC Motors)
AC motors last longer and need minimal maintenance. They’re however more noisy and use more energy
Comparatively, DC motors are cheaper, quieter, and more economical. Unfortunately, they need regular maintenance.
You should pick what fits your needs and be sure to check the level of noise (to avoid sleep disruption).
How much load can it lift? Exceeding its maximum lbs. will cause the motor to jam so you have to be careful to pick a bed for senior citizens that can support you.
- Adjustability Levels
To deliver the highest comfort, the bed should provide sufficient elevations and multiple positions.
The hand controls should be friendly and easily accessible.
Then wired controls occupy more space but are generally more reliable.
In the meantime, wireless controls are very tidy because they don’t have training cables but sometimes they are affected by external signals.
Avoid beds with complicated control menus because they take time to learn.
Some of the contemporary adjustable beds are so advanced and offer lovely features such as sleep monitoring, voice assistance, programmable lighting, USB ports, speakers, and more.
Best Adjustable Beds For Seniors: My Recommendations
1. Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Upholstered Adjustable Bed Base
This Ergonomic Classic Brands Upholstered Adjustable Bed base delivers unending joy and health benefits thanks to a plethora of luxurious features…
Starting with the foot massage which helps you to unwind as it pampers your head and foot, the programmable lounge settings which enable you to relax in different positions including the zero-gravity position, and the advanced convenience options such as the USB plus the smooth-operating remote control, this feels like paradise on earth.
Whether watching TV, using a laptop, or recovering from a surgery, this is pure bliss.
The other crucial bit is that this full adjustable bed frame works with all your dream mattresses- latex, memory foam, and air mattresses
- Foot and head massage
- USB ports, wireless remote
- Zero gravity position
- Mattress retention rail
- 3 different height options for legs: – 4, 6.5 or 10.5 inches(combined)
- The bed frame works with almost all the common adjustable bed’s mattress –memory foam, air mattresses, and latex.
- The bed is super-easy to assembly. Virtually anybody can hack it.
- The motor is whisper quiet so you sleep peacefully in a tranquil environment.
- The foot and head massage adds more luxury and can help reduce pain from injuries and illnesses
- The remote control barely lights up and is quite confusing to use.
A great invention, the ergonomic classic brands upholstered adjustable bed base delivers unparalleled joy and health benefits thanks to a plethora of luxury features
2. DynastyMattress S-Cape 2.0 Adjustable Beds Set Sleep With Luxury 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
Another exciting prospect, the Dynasty Gel Memory Foam Adjustable Bed can be of immense help to patients with neck, back, and related spine problems.
The polyurethane base foam is highly durable making this a good bet if you’re looking for a bed which can serve for years.
Further, the two gel memory foam 12-inch mattresses are super-comfortable while the wallhugger technology means you can reach a book or drink without having to bend awkwardly.
More delight comes from the full-body dual massage while the anti-snore feature helps control irritating snoring for a better quality sleep.
The zero-gravity position is yet another winner allowing you to elevate your legs and head to an angle which eliminates back pressure in addition to increasing circulation.
- 2 gel memory foam 12-inch mattresses
- Zero-gravity position
- Polyurethane base foam
- Wall hugger® technology
- You can pick a book or drink without bending awkwardly thanks to the famous wallhugger technology.
- The zero-gravity position helps you alleviate back pain and aches from muscle injuries.
- The Polyurethane foam base makes this adjustable bed very durable.
- It comes complete with highly comfortable gel memory foam 12-inch mattresses
- The bed doesn’t have a mattress retention holder or pin so you may have to keep remounting the mattresses if they fall.
Zero-gravity position, anti-snore, gel-foam mattress, and dual-wave massage make this an irresistible adjustable bed.
3. reverie 8Q Adjustable Power Foundation Queen
A very functional adjustable bed foundation, this reverie 8q Adjustable Foundation Queen Bed dazzles with its impressive array of advanced features…
Forget about the remote control. Here, you will manage all the elevation settings from the blue-tooth enabled mobile phone!
You just install the free app into your tablet or apple smartphone to access every setting. The app even wakes you up once you set its alarm function.
Then there’s the handy USB port plus 2 AC outlets for charging devices.
Coming to massage, this time you can enjoy up to 10 varying intensity levels whether enjoying a full-body or a head-foot massage.
Last but not least, you can raise the Head/foot to almost any angle to allow you to enjoy maximum comfort.
- Bluetooth smart mobile module
- Free control app. (Alarm function)
- Charging: USB port, 2 AC outlets.
- 10 different intensity massage levels.
- Pre-set anti-snore position
- You can charge your devices from the USB port or the available 2 AC outlets
- The pre-set anti-snore position helps to improve breathing hence reducing snoring by raising the bed head to open airways.
- The four corner retainer bars deliver built-in lumbar support in addition to maintaining the mattress in an optimal position
- The bed is easily controlled from the smartphone or tablet device.
- This adjustable bed is a bit difficult to assemble especially for one user.
The reverie 8q adjustable foundation queen bed is full of advanced features and works hard to help you relax by delivering lumbar support and unforgettable pleasure.
4. LUCID L300 Adjustable Bed Base
This Lucid Adjustable Bed Base made it into our final selection on the basis of convenience and aesthetics.
With the head and the foot elevating independently, you have a better chance of hitting the heights of comfort whether sleeping or just lounging.
The twin USB ports offer convenience when charging your personal devices….. As does the wireless remote control with flashlight which is not only very effective but also very simple to use.
The remote also recalls your favorite position settings.
Then unlike the reverie 8q adjustable foundation queen bed, this twin bed frame is very simple to assemble.
All assembly essentials are included plus the instructions are so clear.
Also, its 750-pound weight capacity is up there with the best high capacity adjustable beds not forgetting that it’s a beauty to behold thanks to its stylish charcoal gray upholstery.
- Wireless remote (with a flashlight).
- Independent foot and head elevation.
- Dual USB charging ports
- Whisper-quiet motor
- Programmable memory option
- Its motor is one of the quietest so you sleep like a baby.
- As the manufacturer claims, this frame is so easy to put together.
- Compared with the rest, this is a fairly affordable adjustable bed.
- The charcoal l gray upholstery gives it stunning looks.
- The remote control is a bit fragile and need to be handled carefully otherwise it can easily get damaged.
The simple assembly, and silent but resilient motor make this convenient adjustable twin bed frame worthwhile.
Plus it’s one of the most affordable out there.
5. HOFISH One-Step Assembly Customizable Positions Queen Solid Wood Slat Adjustable Bed Base
One of the highest capacities (750 lbs.) and a well thought out design makes the HOFISH Adjustable Electric Bed an outstanding option especially for overweight elders.
In the same fashion, since it has more adjusting positions, it aids circulation and breathing and helps to minimize snoring.
Equally important is the anti-crushing motor technology used in the motor which ensures that the bed can’t crash on pets or kids who wanders under-bed.
More safety comes from the lightening protection adaptor which protects you from lighting accidents.
- Flat button
- Wall-mounted lightning adapter
- Adjustable bed legs
- Anti-crushing motor technology
- One-step assembly
- You can charge your gadgets from either side of the bed- no need to worry about how the bed is positioned.
- It affords you the refreshing zero-gravity setting.
- You can use the bed safely even under thunderstorms and lighting thanks to the lightning adaptor.
- It’s very simple to put together- no tools or complex procedures.
- It lacks the soothing massage feature.
A premier adjustable bed frame, this comes with absolutely amazing features.
The lighting safety adapter, anti-crushing motor technology, zero gravity setting…this has it all.
6. Pragma Bed Pragmatic Adjustable Bed Frame Queen.
This Pragma Queen Adjustable Bed Frame brings a wider range of sleeping positions and tops it up with a cool folding design which makes the bed very easy to store.
The feet are capped to ensure it doesn’t damage your hard floors while the recessed wire support protects the mattress.
Moving on, the foot and head sections adjusts effortlessly to whatever position you feel comfortable in as well as distributing your weight uniformly for perfect balance.
Still, its powder-coated steel frame is very durable in addition to the overall design being virtually flawless.
Overall, with the right mattress, this should be comfortable and completely supportive.
- Capped feet
- Powder-coated steel frame (gray finish)
- Recessed wire support
- Folding design
- The frame elevates and lowers so smoothly.
- Considering its quality, this is a very affordably priced bed frame.
- The motor is very quiet and works without any strain whatsoever.
- Its folding design makes enables you to store it easily and conveniently
- Lacks some of the contemporary features, for instance, USB charging ports.
Very quiet motor, folding design, a capped feet, and a powder-coated frame are the hallmarks of this exceptional adjustable bed frame for seniors.
This should make you feel at home.
What Is The Best Adjustable Bed Mattress To Use?
Some of the model beds in our adjustable beds reviews come complete with the best adjustable mattress and will save you money.
But we also have electric beds for elderly that don’t come with a mattress.
Which begs the question “can any mattress be used on adjustable beds?”
Well, the best bed for elderly person should be matched with traditional innerspring, latex foam, memory foam, or air bed mattresses for the best results.
1. Air Bed Mattresses
Another alternative for the best adjustable bed frame could be an air bed mattress.
These typically have inner air chambers enclosed with a case and are usually topped by foam or padding.
Because flexing hampers air flow, these mattresses are more inflexible on adjustable bases.
2. Memory Foam Mattresses
Memory Foam mattresses for full size adjustable bed for elderly are created from oil-based foam.
A memory foam mattress for adjustable bed is softer and adapt to whatever position your body picks on the mattress and is by far the most comfortable.
3. Latex Foam Mattresses
These have a lighter feeling and are an all-foam composition. They therefore help reduce pain and pressure on hurting points.
The thinner types adapt superbly to adjustable height adjustable beds for the elderly while those with high quality latex foam are more resilient.
4. Innerspring Mattresses
Innerspring mattresses are very close to ordinary mattresses. They come with the traditional coil or spring.
A spring mattress for adjustable bed may not be the best because it’s more rigid and barely flex when elevated.
Best Type of Mattress for Adjustable Beds
1. Classic Brands Cool Gel Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress with Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Base
You may not need to go very far if you want the very best mattress for adjustable bed…
Coming with a comfortable adjustable base and built from high-quality memory foam, this 12-inch cool gel foam mattress could be the ultimate alternative to the expensive conventional adjustable bed frames for seniors.
It’s really a fantastic bed with whisper quiet motor, independent head and foot elevations, a friendly wireless remote, two USB charging ports, zero-gravity setting among other beneficial features.
The high-density mattress is on the other hand plush, breathable, and very flexible.
And assembling the two should be a breeze.
2. DynastyMattress 12-Inch Twin XL Deluxe Memory Foam Mattress for Adjustable Bed Base.
Cool-Breeze Gel Memory Foam is unbeatable in terms of comfort and make this Dynastymattress 12-Inch Twin XL Mattress a popular choice with seniors looking for a mattress which can help them relieve back pain and stress.
Rated as one of the best mattress for adjustable base, this is also breathable (no clumsy sweating) in addition to being made from the highly durable polyurethane base.
You will also find it easy to wash, not to mention that it distributes your body weight to all corners to ensure all pressure points have been eliminated.
3. DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch HD GEL Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
Proudly made using the unique sleep-cool technology foam, this DynastyMattress Cool Breeze Mattress is yet another formidable high-density memory foam mattress.
The 3″ density guarantees that it adapts to the contours of your tired body offering massive support for your back while soothing you to a goodnight sleep.
Its other spectacular features include the fire protector, an easily washable zipped cover, and durable Polyurethane which makes it long lasting.
The body usually feels rested and fully cushioned by this mattress.
Which Adjustable Bed Frame Is Right For You?
Undoubtedly, an adjustable bed can be your ultimate sleeping buddy.
Rather than buy a complete adjusting bed, you can buy an adjustable frame then add a suitable mattress and go to sleep!
This would give you an opportunity to fully customize the solution to meet your unique requirements.
What Is An Adjustable Bed Frame?
An adjustable bed frame means a bed base that can fully tilt and set the mattress to a desired sleeping position.
Though it has taken some time, many manufacturers are now manufacturing top notch adjustable bed frames.
From a reclining bed frame, adjustable bed frame king, twin and full beds, and all the way to king size adjustable bed frame, buyers are now spoilt for choice.
But which is the ideal adjustable bed frame?
Certainly, the twin and full sizes are smaller and have a reduced lifting capacity in comparison to queen /king.
But that’s not the only factor. You need to also think about your comfort, extent of adjustability, durability, and even aesthetics when choosing.
Adjustable Beds Prices
Because of their innovative design, health benefits, and range of options, adjustable beds cost more.
For Queen adjustable bases, prices start from $1,199 going upwards.
Wrapping It Up
The best adjustable beds for seniors provide countless lifestyle and health benefits including improved circulation, lower blood pressure, independence, relieved back pain, better sleep, and even restful post-surgery healing.
Investing in one can, therefore, be an inspired decision for seniors with insomnia and various age-related inconveniences.